.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Top 5: Best Slam Dunk Contest Moments

I had a busy Friday and I almost forgot to give readers of Sports News on Tap, my Friday Top 5.  Since it's All-Star Weekend in the NBA, I am giving you my top five favorite moments.  I try to do things that I see live, but there are a couple classics you cannot forget.  

1.) Jordan v. Nique  There hasn't been a dunk contest even close to compare with the 1988 contest. The back and forth between two of the best dunkers to ever grace an NBA court just screams awesome. This is a lengthy video, but worth every minute of your time.  
2.) Vince Carter Becomes A Star  I can still remember watching VC putting on a complete show. I believe I got his jersey after this happened, but after reading Bill Simmons book, I feel horrible for asking my parents for his jersey. The reason, he is a complete girl. Still an awesome performance, still a horrible teammate. Also Kenny Smith is the best Slam Dunk commentator. IT'S OVER, LETS GO HOME!!!  

3.) Spud Webb Takes It For Short People I wasn't around for Spud's performance. But everyone will always score a point or two higher for shorter players. It's bullshit when you think about it, I know it's harder to get up but they can be more creative then a lumbering big man.  

4.) Jason Richardson Wins It On The Final Dunk  J-Rich needed a 49 to beat Desmond Mason and did it with this dunk. Speaking of D-Mase, I needed a jersey for a party in Milwaukee and all of mine were up at school, my buddy Doz dug up a Milwaukee Bucks white Mason jersey. It's tremendously hipster, which pisses me off but still a great find.

5.) Dwight Howard Becomes Superman- People tend to believe that Howard didn't even dunk the ball therefore this isn't that special.  I beg to differ. It's unreal how high he got, he gets an Ali G. 'Respect' from me personally. 

-Charlie.