.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thoughts On The Blake Show

Courtesy of Mr. Tom Luljak and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, I got to attend the Bucks game last night for free as part of my Sports Marketing class.

It just so happened that the Los Angeles Blakers were in town.

I was rocking my "Fear The Deer" t-shirt because I knew we were staying for the game. And right off the bat, the Director of Corporate Sales of the Bucks asks me where I got it. Without reservation, I tell him "from some dude across the street out of the back of his car before Game 4 of the playoffs last year." He responds with, "Oh, so illegal merchandise?"

He didn't like my shirt too much I reckon.

Anyway, during our hour-plus tour of the Bradley Center, the anticipation was mounting from my fellow classmates about seeing Mr. Griffin in action. But before the game started, we went into the radio booth and we heard from the radio voice of the Bucks, Ted Davis. He is one of my favorite broadcasters and I stood right next to the man as he spoke to us. Just a class act.

We get our tickets and since Luljak has such great connections, we get to sit lower level and the view was just like watching it on TV. Maybe a little closer, but it was in person so that was pretty awesome.
Pretty quiet night from Blake overall. Shucks.

We didn't see our first dunk of the game until late in the second quarter and it was by Andrew Bogut off all people on the court. There was an opportunity for Blake to have a wide-open dunk but douchebag Randy Foye kept it and just layed it in. The crowd reacted negatively as you can imagine. Go back 'Nova Randy.

Blake made up for it with a sick half-court alley oop from Donald Sterling's favorite Baron Davis just before half. That was the just about the loudest the BC got last night.

The Bucks pulled away from Blake and the Clippers early in the fourth quarter and ended up winning 102-78. Carlos Del3no was 7 of 10 from beyond the arc and the Bucks in general actually made some shots. John Salmons had a career-high 12 assists.

Griffin rolled his ankle on good ole' Jon Brockman's foot in the fourth as well, but he appeared to shake it off after a time or two down the court and should be fine. The Brock Ness Monster is always in the way.

I feel like the Clippers could be good for a while if they handle things correctly. Pat touched on this a bit last night and I agree, Baron Davis should be dealt sometime in the near future. Maybe not this season but either in the offseason or by the deadline next year.

I doubt Eric Bledsoe is ready to a starting PG in the NBA but maybe by this time next year, he will be. He's got talent and another budding star in Eric Gordon right next to him. Patrick also asked me if I thought that the Clips could get Chris Paul. I seriously doubt it but it could be something to watch. Who wouldn't want to play with Blake Griffin? He's the first Clippers #1 overall selection to pan out since....Michael Olowokandi? Wait, no.

-Mitch