.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Daily Debate: Better Athletes?

Curly and I just got into a fairly heated argument during a game of NBA Jam about which sport has better athletes. I define "athletic" as being able to control your body well and make amazing dunks and layups. I say that NBA players are more athletic than NFL players. Curly thinks that since Ray Lewis is 250 pounds and runs fast he's athletic. I'm taking guys like LeBron and Dwight Howard any day over any NFL player. He says Meatsock Johnson is a great athlete. NFL players could never do what NBA players do. Ever heard of Michael Jordan?

-Mitch

I agree whole heartedly Mikko (don't get used to me saying that though because it doesn't happen often).  While NFL players are certainly extremely ahtletic I would give the nod to the NBA players as well.  This is mainly because playing basketball is so much more than being fast and strong.  You also have to be able to be coordinated enough to dribble, shoot, catch, and pass all while your running, jumping, and smashing into people.  Lets face it, while what Ray Lewis does is very impressive I could have found a caveman 400 years ago who would have done the same thing if he thought he could get a bite of steak at the end.  The only thing Ray Lewis has to worry about is running and hitting.  Like I said, NBA'ers have to be fast, strong, and agile all while dribbling, passing, shooting, etc.

-E

I agree with all you gents. The NBA athletes would make great athletes in other sports like football and soccer. Honestly, soccer is a spot that guys like Rajon Rondo and Chris Paul would excel at and probably play in other countries. Tell Curley to get off his obsession with football.

-Charlie.