.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Running Diary: NFL Draft

The second annual running diary of the NFL Draft.  Last year, we were drinking with it, but this year, it's a different animal due to school work (be proud parents!).  It's 8 o clock so I am an hour behind, but I will recap the top ten inbetween the picks.

8:03  Blaine Gabbert got drafted at 10 by the Jacksonville Jaguars, and he has real nice flow right now with the blonde locks.  Big Cat and I are very jealous of it.  I am not a huge fan of Gabbert because of the system he played in.

8:03 Gabbert also couldn't look less happy to be playing in Jacksonville, I don't think anyone wants to live or play there honestly.



Top Ten  Cam Newton went number 1, it makes sense, hard to pass up a player like Newton. He is an absolute freak athlete but I worry about his maturity. People thought Michael Vick had maturity issues?  Newton could be just as much of a problem child as Vick. Good thing he is playing in a small market

Top Ten Von Miller went 2, and Brett informs me he cried his ass off, which means Brett thinks he is a girl even though Von could kick his ass up and down the Pacific Coast.

Top Ten Marcel Dareus went 3, love that pick for the Bills.  He is a great athlete and I liked how he played in the mighty tough SEC

8:08 The next pick is in! The Texans are going with JJ Watt from Wisconsin, which makes no damn sense with how bad they have been in the secondary. This is like deciding to bring home a grenade from the bar instead of the willing smokeshow next to you.  Love JJ, but I hate this move for Houston.

8:09 I played against JJ Watt in one game at Tosa West.  We actually had some words because they were kicking our ass 30 to 0 and Watt complained to the refs about a hold I had  (I never hold by the way).  I told him to stop being a effin bitch and move on.  He tattled to the refs about how I swore.  I feel he will hear some of that language in the NFL too.

8:10 Of course, Jon Gruden loves him because that is all he can do.  When I hear something negative out of Gruden's mouth, I will stop being a dick about his positive attitude.

8:11 Brett kept saying 'I was there' during Wisconsin highlights and I tried to make a bad joke about dick showing instead of dick measuring, I just suck.

Top Ten  Patrick Paterson went to Arizona at 5, and I agree with everyone that he will be an absolute monster on defense. I think you will Patterson in the Pro Bowl in the upcoming seasons.

8:18 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA VIKINGS HAHAHAHAHAHAHA  
Ponder's girlfriend Kacie, Miss
Barstool U is not too shabby

8:19 Christian. Ponder. Ouch, at least take Andy Dalton or Ryan Mallet.

8:20 This is really funny, I am glad the Vikes will stay in the cellar for the rest of the decade.  Jordan T. cannot be happy right now.

8:21 Brett is obessed with the Detroit Lions taking Nick Fairley, which would make their d-line scary but let's remember they need other defensive players. But you know how the Lions are with taking the same position for multiple years.

8:22 The Lions take Fairley and Suh with him is a scary combination. Brett is now a Lions fan when they don't play the Packers. Whoever let him on the Packer bandwagon, needs to be shot off immeidetly for letting him on in the first place.

8:23 I am not too impressed with Fairley with his high stance and character issues. Also one great season guys do not always transition well in the pros. But if Fairley plays like he did at Auburn, Suh-Fairley could do stunts like no other defensive line combo.

8:27 Goodell gets booed every time he goes up there.  Give it a rest. I want football too, but I wouldn't do it every time.

8:29 Robert Quinn from North Carolina heads to Saint Louis, I wonder if the Rams will pay less for his services than the Tar Heels did, heyoooo!

Top Ten: I cannot believe Atlanta got Julio Jones and I really think they have a chance to be a Super Bowl contender for next year.  Jones will get a ton of touches underneath. I love it for the Falcons, hate it as a Packer fans. Also who cares about the picks?  They had a talented young team already without any added players.

Top Ten I did not like Aldon Smith to Niners, another one year player who didn't complete the season. Good athlete, nice size, but it will take some time for him to have an impact.

8:35 Mike Pouncey goes to the Dolphins, which ruins the dream of having the Pouncey-Pouncey connection. Also why didn't Mel Kiper give Gruden his notes about Pouncey's problems snapping out of the shotgun formation?  I don't think you can be a 'perfect center' with the inability to snap out of the shotgun.

8:39 I have to remind myself to stay off Twitter during the NFL Draft because they always give it away earlier. Found out Ryan Kerrigan went to Washington Redskins early. I personally think he is underrated because Purdue was not good during his time there. I expect him to have an immediate impact.

Top Ten A lot of people are surprised that Jake Locker went to the Tennessee Titans instead of Blaine Gabbert, but let's remember Locker projected as the number one pick before the 2010 College Football season.

8:46 I cannot believe they still make Nerf guns.  Are we just trying to bring back everything in the 90s and make it cool again in the 2010s (is that the proper way to say it, ah who gives a damn)

8:48 Big Cat thinks the United States should have done the Vietnam Draft this way. Just keep saying names of the people who were headed to Nam. He asked if this was going in the diary? I nodded my approval

8:50 Nate Solder looks like one of the players on the MonStars (credit to Brett) in Space Jam. Brett seemed disappointed I did not know this off the top of my head, then again, Brett is the same kid who kept Kung Fu Panda on DVR for 4 months.

8:54 Corey Liguet is heading to the San Diego Chargers. These phone calls and shit are really ruining the excitement.  It's like getting to the nude scene in the movie right away without any anticipation. I mean let's see the bra and underwear set for a little bit before we get to the boobies.

8:57 In another sport, the Atlanta Hawks-Orlando Magic are down to the wire, and we do not see any of it on TNT. Thanks for nothing Turner.

8:59 Can someone tell ESPN that 'All I Do Is Win' was cool around this time last year?  Actually, could we tell this to the Eau Claire bars while we are at it?

9:01 Oh, I didn't Jason Whitlock was at the NFL Draft? And that he was a Giants fan?

9:03  Great pick for the Giants right there. People thought he could go low in the top 10. I know his first name is Prince, but I must have completely missed he starred in Coming to America in the 1980s.

9:06 The Hawks are on to face the Bulls, which means 1 of Brett's Final 4 is gone in the NBA Challenge... perfect.

9:09  STOP RUINING FOR US!   I called Clayborn in the house, and I like the pick for Tampa. Gotta respect those dreads, wow.

9:13 Seth is just ranting about excellent things, I try to tell him that it will get better with Ice Cream later and then realize I sounded like Adam Lambert

9:17 Kiper nailed it on the head with the trade between the Browns-Chiefs here saying they might be getting Da'Quan Bowers, which I would do personally. But Phil Taylor from Baylor looks like the pick.

9:21 Tom Silverstein said on Twitter that there is a chance for the Packers to trade up for Mark Ingram, which I would love. He is a great downfield runner and an excellent goal line option.

9:23 Peyton Hills is definitely trying out for the next season of Jersey Shore with that outfit. His Shore name would be P-Heezy for sure.

9:25 Anthony Contanza gets drafted, good to see George's cousin get a shot in the NFL.  Will George become his agent?  Wait, ooooh it's a Contanzo, still calling him Contanza.  Props to Contanza for going skins team in an NFL Draft commercial.  Once again, lineman do not care about what other people think.

9:32 Nice moment with all the wounded warriors. USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!

9:33 Dr. Dan is joining us from work. I ask how it was flirting with the Dooley's employees?  He just goes good night. There better be pictures to document this.

9:34 The Philadelphia Eagles decide to go with Danny Watkins at guard who used to be a firefighter.  Good move for the Eagles with their average interior offensive lineman. He seems like a class act, basically the opposite from Jimmy Smith.

9:40 Cam Jordan is showing me that I can wear plaid with my suitcoat tomorrow. Awesome, I hope my teacher doesn't mind. He is now a Saint, a team who needed a running back. Could the Packers get Mark Ingram?

9:43 The Packers are talking about trading for Seattle Seahawks pick! It makes sense because they have their murderers row of players to pick from.

9:47  People are also talking about Andy Dalton to Seattle, I love the madness of the late round

9:51  James Carpetner, according to Kiper was a second round pick got taken by the Hawks.'  I guess it helps build the offensive line plus their GM John Schneider worked with Teddy T. I would trust him.

9:55 I like the old school jazz song to bring us back from break, I also enjoy they only have a three-team booth instead of the five, they usually have for these things.  People say the Baltimore Ravens need a corner... Jimmy Smith.

9:58 I wish the people I were hanging with were actually funny. They are actually have grown-up conversations and debates. I hate it for the diary

9:59 If there were an off-field concern about me (cough Jimmy Smith cough), I would NOT wear a Scarface t-shirt on national television.

10:02 Did the Baltimore Ravens pull a Minnesota Vikings?  Classic! I love that's how we refer to the Vikings draft day decisions.  Reaching and passing.

10:04 Kansas City decided to take Jonathan Baldwin out of Pittsbrugh who 6'4.  Dwayne Bowe is also pretty big giving them a huge wide receiver core. I like what the Chiefs did there, gives them another weapon with Jamaal Charles and Tony Moeaki.

10:06 Ha!  The Chicago Bears tried to trade up and it didn't work.  Somewhere, Mike Fant weeps.

10:08 Doesn't shock me that Smith's agent is Drew Rosenhaus.  Smith is a stud, but too bad, he will be starring the real life version of the Longest Yard in three years.

10:10 Let's remember the last time the New England Patriots traded out of the first round, the pick was Clay Matthews. Now, it's Mark Ingram to the New Orleans Saints

10:13  I love Ingram, I think he will be very successful for the Saints and I will say buh-bye to Reggie Bush, also welcome him with open arms to Green Bay!

10:17 The Bears will get Gabe Carimi who I loved at Wisconsin, but the scouts were not that high on him.

10:21 "No way. No way," an NFC personnel director said. "I can't understand the love. He's slow-footed. He's not powerful for a guy his size. He's on the ground all the time. I just don't see it. I know some people will try to compare the two, but (Bryan) Bulaga was a lot better.  


10:23 LOVE Carimi to the Bears! 


10:26 The Jets did not boo their pick, it has to be a good sign right?! I do like Wilkerson, it's a good pick. 


10:27 I saw a negative Facebook status about Ted Thompson, I guess one Super Bowl trophy isn't good enough for them. 


10:28 Everyone had the Pittsburgh Steelers taking Aaron Williams from Texas, but they went d-lineman Cameron Heyward from the Ohio State.  Interesting to see who the Packers take. 


10:29 My top three would be Bowers (injury schmjury, people talked him up as a number one) Brooks Reid (Clay Matthews' bash brother)  or Williams who could give the Packers some depth. 


10:31 I guess Ryan Mallet being a dick to everyone, and not having clutch moments in the 4th quarter actually hurt him.  Fascinating.  


10:32 I am browsing around on my computer and the roommates keep telling me the pick is in. I am acting like a dog and they are the owner fake throwing the ball, just tempting me. 


10:35 PICK IS IN!   PICK IS IN!   I repeat the Pick Is In  


10:37 The Green Bay Packers select Derek Sherrod, an offensive lineman out of Mississippi State.  I never have a problem drafting a lineman.  This guy is a beast too. 


That's all for this year folks

-Charlie.