.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

NBA Semifinals Predictions

The NBA Playoffs have been terrific so far.  Every series had one or two nail biters, we have a Cinderella team, and a couple great series to look forward to in the upcoming weeks. I myself misfired on the Portland-Dallas series, Orlando-Atlanta series, and of course, Memphis-San Antonio. I thought the Grizzles would give them a series, but I didn't expect them to win the series.  

Eastern Conference  
1.) Chicago versus 5.) Atlanta- I am personally surprised to see the Hawks playing in the second round, and hopefully, they will give a better effort this season compared to past years.  Not having Kirk Heinrich will definitely hurt them because the guy has been a catalyst on offense, but he is just another body to guard Derrick Rose on defense. I think the Hawks' big men could make a difference, but Rose will once again be too good to stop on a nightly basis.  Chicago in six. 

2.) Miami versus 3.) Boston- Some please explain to me how Boston can look completely dead in the last two months of the NBA season, and now look like an entirely different team?  I feel like Ashton Kutcher should come out of hiding and tell me I have been Punk'd.  So many interesting story lines in this series, whether it's LeBron vs. Boston, Chris Bosh v. Kevin Garnett, old crown vs. new royalty. Remember how Michael Jordan took down Detroit finally after two unsuccessful tries?  That's what LeBron needs to do with Boston to take that next step, or this season is a complete failure plus we have to reevaluate LeBron's ceiling in the NBA. I expect a knock down drag out fight in each game with LeBron finally coming up big in a clutch moment.  Miami in seven 

Western Conference 
4.) Oklahoma City versus 8.) Memphis - The Grizzlies and Thunder find themselves in a new position, the second round. Zach Randolph will have to find ways to score against the twin towers of Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka.  I think this has to be Russell Westbrook series for the Thunder to win. In my opinion, Kevin Durant will not have much success against Tony Allen who is a top notch defender, and Westbrook will be forced to put this team on his back for at least a couple games.  This will be a very competitive, exciting series.  Oklahoma City in six 

2.) Los Angeles versus 3.) Dallas- The Lakers seemed to find their swagger in games five and six  against New Orleans, and Dallas did the same thing against Portland. It's unreal we haven't seen a Kobe Bryant vs. Dirk Nowitzki series, and I can guarantee we will have one game where both of the guys will just go absolutely bananas trading buckets with each other.  I will also tell you Pau Gasol is going to have a hell of a time with Tyson Chandler, same goes for Andrew Bynum.  Shawn Marion will need to find his old defensive self because the Mavs might be some trouble with who is guarding Kobe.  Even though Boston-Miami has a chance to be great, I think this will be the best series of them all. Los Angeles in seven. 

First game starts at noon tomorrow, should be special.

-Charlie.