.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Rebecca Black

I liked the format that I used for the games yesterday so much, I thought I would use it again. Also since Marquette's first half was the ugliest thing on Friday, I decided to use Rebecca Black's name instead. Hit me with the cyberbullying charges!

The Good
-So far this March Madness had brought us Mr. Onions, Brandon Knight. He is a stone cold assassin in the late game situations. Knight struggled mightily all game, but nailed the shot when it mattered   
-Josh Harrellson has become the centerpiece of the Kentucky Wildcats offense, and my favorite white center since Kevin Pittsnoggle. I also loved that he spiked a ball off Jared Sullinger. 
-The Fightin' Shakas live for another day!  Even though Florida State threw a block party, the Rams were able to survive to face Kansas. David meet Goliath. 
-Tyler Zeller had another great game and played tough defense all game. We all should forget that asshole who said he couldn't play defense, whoops.  
-If you review my predictions, I basically laid out the Kansas game for you.
-The Dwight Buycks Era is over!  (Yes I know he did some nice things, but bad outweighs the good)
-Pumped that Robert Forenza hit a three in his final game of his career. Beyond awesome ending to a great Marquette season.   

The Bad 
-Florida State not getting a shot off in regulation or overtime.  The Noles late game situation troubles made Marquette's look minor.    
-The ref who gave Jae Crowder a T when Marquette is down 26. Don't worry that cushion is big enough for the Heels to win, stripes.  
-Marquette's three point performance was horrendous especially after they fueled the three-point goggles phenomenon this week. Embarrassing. 
- Roy Williams leaving his starters in until the 2 minute mark, I wish Devante Gardner would have leveled that pretty boy Zeller. 
-Dallas Lauderdale bows out in his college career with a five minute performance.  That would be tough to swallow if I were him. 

The Rebecca Black 
-I am very glad I watched the game with my parents because if I watched with my boys, it would have been non-stop jokes. Marquette could not have played more tight.  MU threw up so many breaks in the first half, they could have built an Extreme Home Makeover home. 
-Anyone who scheduled the second round games in Newark. Horrible choice.  
-Darius Johnson-Odom did way too much for my liking. It's okay, he will be great next year.  
-Florida State was 7/18 from the line, which has to bite you in the ass if you are a fan. If I were a Noles fan I would tell myself, 'well at least we got Jenn Sterger.'   
-William Buford missed the final shot and went 2 for 16, yikes. He will be thinking about this one for awhile.  

-Charlie.