.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Welcome To Jimmer's World


If you kept up with my past work, you would know that I have never been the biggest BYU fan in any sport. I have no idea why, maybe it's the Mormon thing or I just liked making fun of all the white guys they had on their teams.  Anyways, that changed last year when Jimmer Fredette burst onto the scene and now he is the man of the hour in college basketball.


I really think if you have unbelievable range and knack for getting buckets, people are going to love you all over the country.  I will put it this way, I put up with a horseshit feed to watch Fredette play on Wednesday night against 4. San Diego State because I thought it was that important. I wanted to see how Fredette handled himself on a big stage in a meaningful game.  All he did was dropped 43 points and go 5/8 from long range. I would say he handled that well, wouldn't you?

People are always looking for comparisons and wondering if he will be a good NBA player. My response is Stephen Curry 2.0 despite what Andy Katz tells you.  Jimmrt is a complete scorer with unlimited range, and in my opinion, he might better slasher than Curry was in college.  I think he will be a great NBA role player for a playoff contender.  Jimmer can be a great energy guy for the Miami Heat, Boston Celtics, etc. But what if they have a run in the tournament? 

Remember, Curry wasn't considered a top 10 pick before the NCAAs.  Most people thought he should go back to school for another year. Then Curry dotted everyone he faces creating this huge buzz and nearly carried a 10 seed into the Final Four. Fredette has the ability to do the exact same. He relishes the opportunity to live in the big moment and always tends to step up.  Watch out for the Cougars come March. 

-Charlie.