.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Best Packers Memory

For one of my classes I had to do a short statement on what my favorite Packer memory is. What's better than the Favre's game after his father Irvin passed away?

Here goes:

In my life there have been some good memories and bad memories of Wisconsin’s beloved Green Bay Packers. My first memory of the Green Bay Packers is the loss to the Dallas Cowboys in the 1995 (season) NFC Championship game. That would be considered a negative memory. I don’t remember the score exactly but I know it was a tough loss.


Then shortly after that, the Packers won Super Bowl XXXI over Drew Bledsoe and the New England Patriots. That is one of the better memories but not the best.

Obviously, I could take the easy route and call last weekend’s victory over the Chicago Bears in the NFC Championship game (I don't really remember the score of that game either because of reasons I can not disclose) a great memory, but that is not the best in my opinion.

My favorite memory of the Green Bay Packers was Brett Favre’s game was in the 2003 season in which Brett Favre played the day after his father Irvin passed away. The Packers went on the road to face my Oakland Raiders and there was controversy about whether or not Favre would play. Well, he did start and he played probably the best game I’ve ever seen played personally. He had four touchdown passes in the first half and ended up with a nearly perfect passer rating of 154.9.

Even if it was against my favorite team, that was easily best performance I’ve ever seen from anyone in any sport. Just the sheer emotion of Favre and the way he performed in lieu of his father’s death made it a great memory.

-Mitch