.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Get Your Jazz On

"This is our Year....No, Really, it is!"


ESPN just came out with their Western Conference Predictions. Chances are you're all nerds like me and have already read them. If not, however, here you go. Sure you can view every team in the West, but there is only one team that matters.

Pretty predictable stuff really. We are always going to be third on the list behind Kobe, CP3 and their clubs. I'm a bit disappointed by the few "4's" we have on there but our Homer, John Hollinger's #1 ranking makes up for that.

Could this be the year? In Utah, the phrase, "This is our Year" is a bit cliche. In fact, I think C.B. Jack has the "This is Our Year" banners from '96, '97, '98, '99, '06, '07 & '08 hanging on his newly born sons' wall. But the 2008-2009 Season may truly be our year. Why, well there are all sorts of reasons. We're young, yet mature, we have depth and a whole lot of talent. But realistically, lets cut the crap. After this year this team could completely dismantle. We know we can't afford everyone and who knows what trades will go down, who will stay who will go etc. The truth is, there is a sense of urgency felt by Jazz Nation that it's now or never. I'm feeling it. Call me crazy but I truly think we can do it. I'm ready to get this started and find out what the Jazz are made of.

I'm curious to see what you think. How would you rank the Western Conference? Be honest. (However, if I see one person rank Utah anything other than #1, I will find out who and where you are and send the Millsap bro's to take care of you. It can be done, I promise. Have you seen Eagle Eye? Watch your back naysayers.) No pressure though. Here is my completely un-biased prediction of how the Northwest will be Won this year:

1. Utah

2. Blazers

3. Wolves

4. Nuggets

5. Thunder (We will drop one to this team this year....guaranteed. Most likely right after we roll L.A. and Boston.)

My prediction for the West:

1. Utah

2. Hornets

3. Lakers

4. Suns

5. Spurs

6. Rockets

7. Mavs

8. Blazers

9. Clippers

10. Warriors

11. Nuggets

12. Wolves

13. Kings

14. Grizzlies

15. Thunder

Booner