.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, May 5, 2008

My Utah Jazz Playoff Podcast with Ryan from Hoops Addict. With a few random thoughts...

I was asked to participate in a playoff podcast by Ryan at Hoops Addict. You can hear the podcast, which was picked up by USA Today and NBA.com, here.

(CB Jack: I was completely sarcastic with my Chris Mihm comment, I don't think Ryan caught that. lol)

Kurt from Forum Blue and Gold also participated for all you Lakers fans. Ryan did a great job. As Booner would say, sorry if I sounded like Debbie Downer, but we held the call right after the Jazz had lost.

Random Thoughts:

Boozers Hammy was right on the money with his post below. I can't say that the Lakers really won this game, but more that the Jazz lost it. If Matt Harpring would have pulled himself out of the game we could be up 1-0. He played horrible. Between his play, Kyle Korvers inability to his anything outside of a free throw, and CJ Miles committing the worst foul in NBA history, the Jazz were right in this game. I believe I counted 6 straight possessions where KK and Harp screwed the pooch and missed 15 foot jumpers and layups.

The officiating crew was poor at best. Both teams have to agree that the calls were extremely inconsistent. Touch fouls, followed by no calls. I know it's the playoffs and games need to be played out, but I just want to see consistency...on both ends of the floor.

From Forum Blue and Gold: To Utah fans complaining about Phil complaining about the refs: Welcome to playoff basketball. You can influence the refs through the media, every coach knows this and does this.

CB Jack's take: Apparently Jerry Sloan missed the memo because I've never seen him use the media as vehicle for complaining about officiating.

More Random Jazz/Lakers links I find throughout the day:
-Awesome recap by SportsHubLA
-Forum Blue and Gold breaks down Game 1
-Tim Buckley of the DesNews thinks the Jazz went cold....really? Harpring included?
-Matt at HP has his Lakers gold glasses on...
-MSNBC looks at Kobe vs. Jazz