.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Jazz vs. Lakers Game 4 Recap

"Ha, Ha, Ha! Did you just say you were going to win game four?"


YESSSSS! If there was ever a game that caused heart problems, anxiety, irregularity, etc, etc. Today's game four between the Jazz and Lakers did just that. I am going to give you a recap of the game through my eyes, and then let ESPN give you the real specifics.
So, of course, being the religious man I am...err, my wife makes me be, I was in church. I was able to use my two year old as a scape goat and made it home just before the half. I put my daughter down for a nap and immediately turned the game on. Alright, alright, so I turned the game on and then put my daughter down for a nap....on the couch....in the living room...right by the T.V. (Nothing calms here down quicker than a Jazz game.)

Not to get too off-track, but I am a highly superstitious person so when I turned the game on and saw our nine point lead dwindle down to nothing before the half I had to think of something. Was I going to sit in a different chair, change my shirt, I had to do something. So, I did what every fan would do. I took one for the team and changed the channel. For the next two hours I watched the Discovery Channels "Deadliest Catch - Mothers Day Marathon" only tuning to ABC for quick updates and then immediately getting out of there. This was working. I checked in every 4-5 minutes. As I did this, the Jazz were keeping a 4-6 point lead. This worked for nearly the entire second half. However, with just over four minutes left in the game the Jazz were up by 12 and I got greedy. I changed it to the game only to realize I was single-handily bringing them down. The next thing I knew I had caused the Jazz to blow their lead and watch the Lakers send the game into overtime. Now, a lot of you are going to read how Kobe, Odom, Fisher and the boys turned it on and forced the game into overtime. Nope. That's not it. This one is on me Jazz fans. I should have waited it out. I should have never tuned into the game until the buzzer sounded. I apologize for the stress I brought upon all of you.

As overtime began I was right back to what was working. Only this time, I disciplined myself even further, only checking the scores on my phone not the television. This was all it took. Jazz Win, Jazz Win. It was not pretty and they came awfully close to ruining Mothers Day, but they fought hard. Wish I could have witnessed it first hand, but those are the types of things I am willing to do for the sake of this organization.

Now, on to the real recap.


This was HUGE WIN for this team.! Now it's time to steal one in L.A. It's not going to be easy but this team can do it. I know they can! Go Jazz!




Jazz Win One for Mothers Everywhere!